Friday, January 18, 2008

The Canara Bank Makeover


The 'Together We Can' hoardings did catch my eye somehow despite the blinkers on the road while the mind would be devotedly loitering a fictitious, yet realistic place. Like Malgudi? Maybe. The ads were unconventional and fresh (talk of vegetables, cricket fielding, a cute couple and banking all bundled and nicely spun in a less than a minute Ad!).
The more eloborate new tag- ' We change for the ones we love' is absolutely appealing, alright. Relating it on our personal planes it's almost a very very corny, unnecessary cliche. The "Anything for you, baby", "Guess what, I did this just for you" and such other moronic lines, even I use, many times, if not all the times. And at some vastly extraordinary times (that happens once in say seventy nine days,I mean, times like now) I would be ruthlessly sane and marginally objectivist and would go on this "why in the blazes should I do something just for another"- be it my best buddy or my dearest aunty. Ofcourse, am not ridiculous enough to encourage the hopeless drug addicts to trample all the advice their loved ones just because they love to dope. But the "I'll wear that orange kurti every alternate day because it's your favorite"-types is downright pathetic. The example is a very trivial one, but many a little drop like this will enthusiastically drain the ocean of You, Your Soul. And I just send this "Anything for you, baby" sms. Haha, that was just for some punch, am not that silly to divulge it even if I did.

This, and Youthcurry's recent blog triggered me to write this. I had been musing breezily about this when I first saw the hoardings. It sprung alive, now.

"I love God, my family, my friends, red wine, fireworks, going for a long, sweaty run, laughing until no sound comes out and taking my time" - Kirsten Richard, when she's not Lance Armstrong's, anymore, on Oprah Winfrey Show.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,1192564,00.html

2 Comments:

Blogger Pankhuri said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Girish (a.k.a) Gary said...

I beg to differ..Not all things are said to be meant as cliches.. Some might be actually meant too.. its just the situation and the seriousness that determine if the same has to acknowledged :)

Nice quote..

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home