Thursday, January 03, 2008

Ok, Nobody needs to buy me time!


New Dawn, Each Day- More Metaphorical than Literal

More than my way of life, my talks, unbelievably so, have become monotonous. One day, it's bright crimson and that would be friday, late evening types. The rest of the days- different grey/blue shades. Each day, different layers but same colours. So much for difference? First up, I hardly talk at my work place which beats me, even, considering the titles I have been graciously bestowed upon by my folks who know me - "Instant Friend Maker", "Non Stop Yapper" and many more like these. Somehow, the buddy-clique at work place is yet to click. Anyway, coming to monotony and my drab talking- If at all I catch someone online and jab over phone to another (which, has become super rare- NO eye popping!), I go on this major cribbing mode, complain about work, the sadness of it and about the complete lack of time to do all the stuff (mostly useless, but still) I used to and absolutely loved to do. "Somebody buy me time!" had become my everyday appeal to whoever I spoke to.
But it just takes thirty seconds or maybe just a moment to shift the paradigm. I started reading some obscure novel 'Candyfloss Martyrs' I had picked from British Council. These lines struck me like some bullet, hard. And it's implanted inside something sitting pretty (sometimes not so pretty) in my cranium. I died. Ofcourse, reborn with one more thought appended. :)

"Speed and Distance and time- Millar had none and needed all three to elude the dilemma; the first as a means of achieving the second, the last lying beyond the influence."

Now this may seem totally trivial to some, and very profound to some others. And my inner voice yelled: "Why didnt I realise this before?"
This can be positively extrapolated to all the zillion (only that much?) complaints we lodge on those which lie beyond our influence. Or am I the only senseless moron who does that?

4 Comments:

Blogger Harish Suryanarayana said...

Just a thought: How would it be if we were another person looking at ourselves for a day. If we could just try to observe what we are doing from a different perspective, look at us as someone else .. perhaps we would use our time better. Monotony and routine eat us away and it takes a jolt to regenerate. What do you think?

5:32 PM  
Blogger Girish (a.k.a) Gary said...

Wow! blog a day!!

And beyond one's influence is very less. if relied on the thought, and u still want to buy time, you can always increase the first or decrease the 2nd :)

and ya updated mine..

4:16 PM  
Blogger Stuffed Goofy! said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Stuffed Goofy! said...

@ harish
I think its impossible to even try, more on my next blog.
Thanks 4 the thought!
@ gary
I ll never decrease the second. thats more impossible than buying time:)
A blog-almost a day is an attempt to prevent my mind from losing its color. I dont have grey cells :D

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home