Friday, January 04, 2008

Today's Number: 154*

And today was even better. Somehow, a ton from the master himself pleases me more than anything else or anyone else's. Call it blind worship or unabashed bias- I do not know. And I do not know if there are many of my genre? Whatever be it, All hail the Master. I caught his interview on CNN IBN or some channel, prior to the Aussie tour. The child-like innocence that dances with grace on his countenence, the all teeth-out-smiles stuck almost always, the innate and spontaneous humility and the passion in his voice- all this strikes and stuns me, many-many-folds than what his glorious straight drives or his inimitable paddle sweeps do. His greatest hallmark is his simplicity, the just-another-brick exterior with so much character, will and spunk well concealed. He never ceases to floor me. And 'the world' can substitue 'me'.

PS: There used to be some eerie connection between Sachin's well being on the cricket grounds and my academic well being when at school. More, later on some random sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home