Thursday, January 17, 2008

Today's Very Proper Improper Fraction(?): 22/3





The title is self-explanatory. Doesnt even need this cricinfo screen shot. I came from office at 8 am today. Dead, bored and sleepy. Was staring at Channel number 14 (that's where Star Cricket is telecast (not so morally) at not so important times) for some freak co-incidence to happen. Cursing the Conditional Access System has become part of my chores, so to say. My PC had cricinfo, cricketnext and some other three-four cricket sites- all but one minimized. My eyes and consequently my whole self shuttled madly between gazing at the PC and Channel 14. 330 / 10 - the Lords smiled and all that (Is this cliched now too?) The shuttles stopped and I comfortably parked in one lucky corner of one particular sofa in a very specific posture (After fourteen years of analysis, Indians do marginally less worse when am positioned so. So much for virtually and wastefully strategising? Oh, I cant help it. Many cant, either.
It's lunch, Harsha and Shaz are suavely yelling (Blame the volume, Cricket takes precedence even when am blogging)- 22/3. Am wide awake and thoroughly excited and there's this ear-to-ear-grin pasted permanently, temporarily. Such is the fanaticism and the singular dedication to the sport. Five overs of action and if in India's favour- we are beyond ourselves. Some jump all around, some stay at one corner savouring the moments, some sms the world about this (like they are the only ones watching),some blog(haha). Different expressions, same emotion.
Ok, the the play's about to resume, I need to strategically position myself in that same corner.

PS: Indians might even lose the game comprehensively, It's this moment that matters- I wont mince words.








1 Comments:

Blogger Rehana said...

Haha.. good one... i love the concept of sitting in one, (comfortable:p) position to help India through... its like my bro wearing a Carlsberg Shirt everytime Liverpool Play:)

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home