Sunday, February 19, 2006

The Day !!

"Arey.. Am unable to decide yaar.. Do I wear that chunni with mirror-work, laced with fine embroidery at its ends?.. ah, chuck that.. will look way too ornamental.. wait up.. the tested- red-T shirt and a pair of blue (faded) jeans combo? nah.. I dont want to look "unfussy" too.. Rahul doesnt like pastel shades.. So the crinkled "preity-zinta-ish (of Lakshya fame) skirts have already hidden themselves deep down in my cupboard.. Somebody please help me choose The Dress.... (sigh)^n.. Lakshmi.. no inputs? Gawd.. U are hopeless.. " I was caught in my own web of thought as I was seemingly listening and less seemingly, trying to help out my dear buddy, Tina's " grave predicament" ! Holy Crap. Couldnt believe that someone whose wardrobe overflows profusely with an assorted melange of designer-trendy-casual-contemporary-wear was frantically fumbling around for The Dress? This was just getting on me. Out I came to the lawn/basketball court (depends on what you do there!) to get away from what I found a little bizzare ! Goodness me.. There was this huge crowd of girls- yes, they had this proverbial attitude,loads of it, I should admit... and yes, oodles of oomph.. the kind of girls, guys like ogling at.. (No offence dudes, a generalisation!:) ) Nail filing was done with a marked finesse, what followed was an intense debate.. You guessed it right.. "Should it be the-kiss-of-caramel, which has this elegant appeal or the bronze red, which exudes boldness?" Even by the greatest stretch of imagination, I could not stomach the fact that something as trivial as this could keep people ticking and kicking? ..."My guy is treating me in La Meredian after which we are gonna disco! and you know what..."..."Whoa... that's something, but my "Lovie-Dovie" is the chweeeetest in this planet..." Oh damn !( am being real decent in the use of profanities ! ). Yes, tomorrow is Valentines Day.. But what of it? Do girls who are "commited" or those "to-be-commited-fledglings" behave this crazy (not to mention the anxiety mounting... ah, please, there isnt going to be any "earth-shattering" catastrophe on 14th! ) a couple of days before "THE V DAY"? Well, it's a resounding YES.Wasnt able to relate, come to terms with the dizzying madness.. Will I be joining the bandwagon too once It happens? Will it happen? Am still this kiddo, behaving "babyish"and yes, silly at times too. Will I grow up? Or am I this hopeless cynic? and an avalanche of questions racing past each other to haunt my mind, already bothered enough! Oh yes, am going to see the "cuties" with their respective "tall-dark-handsome-guys", the guy
pampering his lady.. a bouquet with red roses in full bloom here.. the good old Archies' Xpression Cards.. and many more. Period.
Tina is listening to Elvis' "Love me tender" (she must have chosen The Dress, I suppose, I daren't enter her room !!). I enter my room.. the system's on..the first song on my winamp playlist is Rahman's Chandaa suraj laakhon taare.. " I think that sums up my spirit (or the lack of it(!) ) for The Day ! And Tina's too. Period.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rehab said...

In one word: REAL
echo your thoughts girl!! me feeling the same wayabout gals fussing about with jewellery and stuff...
Suggestion: Dont use this color for ur posts..its way too harsh on the eyes..same goes for red.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Rehab said...

In one word: REAL
echo your thoughts girl!! me feeling the same wayabout gals fussing about with jewellery and stuff...
Suggestion: Dont use this color for ur posts..its way too harsh on the eyes..same goes for red.

8:24 PM  
Blogger Rehab said...

BOO HOO!!!!
I want some more!!!
When are the new posts coming!!!:)

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home