Thursday, January 05, 2006

a meek parody ! :-(

Aargh.. My story is akin to Jenny and Cavilleri..
Of the poignant saga , Segal's "A Love Story".
With a defining difference- that was fiction;
And here's mine- real,not an inkling of concoction.
"He" was my first cute crush..
Ah.. how can I forget my first brush !
My "feelings" metamorphosised into love for this "someone",
Boy.. he was as endearing and as pampering as the rays of the sun.
The time we spent together flew, defining evanescence;
But the fond memories and its reflections-permanence!
Very cheery and riotous with tingling laughter ,
He pulled my legs, fondly though, with cheeky banter.
The once "cocooned" me, transformed into a happy butterfly-
Lo! I found my soulmate, thank my stars, looking up at the sky..
We built our dreams together, painted myriad hues on "our" canvas;
And he always said, "we are here to rock, my pretty lasse !"..
Yes, Life was a dream, as if set on a roseate hue-
About the cliched uncertainties- aah.. not a clue.
The trajectory was destined to take a cruel, shattering path..
God ! I was there- seeing the blood ooze from his head, my heart.
Still grope, for a little peace.. within and outside..
Ah.. I hear his baritone ringing-
"Do not stand up on my grave and weep-
I'm not there, I do not sleep.
But am there in your soul entwined,
To give you the scintilla of hope;
and the support and solace u seek-
All, for you, my dear,in earnest-
Just to see that slinky smile of yours..."

"Do not stand upon my grave and weep-
I'm not there, I do not sleep."
well !! This was the theme for an on-the-spot poetry contest... God! The above piece of whatever(!) was indeed my brainchild.. the sickest thing I've ever written ! But still posted it because it would serve as a great example of : " How NOT to write Poetry ! " Very true !

PS: It's pure and unadulterated imagination at its worst !! No Cavilleri out here !!Laughed out Loud !! :-P ;-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rehab said...

Why dont u join www.poetry.com..its great for buddgin poets like u ..and u can read my equally silly piece of poetry on the site...type my name followed by the surname and yes its titled "quest for hope"...
PS.make sure u edit the settings so that non bloggers can post comemcnts..

9:59 PM  
Blogger Mythreyee said...

hehe... that was quite some imagination, from a 1st crush to da crush of death! :) did u win da competition btw? :D

n hey, me blogrolled u... y duncha start blogrollin ppl 2? wud increase da traffic 2 ur blog.. u can bcum a popular poet! ;)

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home