Saturday, January 21, 2006

Cosmetically Uncomfortable?!

I somehow loved the cliche which is the title of my blog, thanks a bunch to the eye doctor i visited today.. seems totally unconnected? wait up ..
Oh... the hue and cry, i would have created due to a potato-like-stye- (which is a new-born ,doesnt look like that though, going by its size!) in my left eye, would have been huge! i wailed.. whined.. was troubled and troubled every soul around me.. finally, mom couldnt tolerate that thing which distorted my otherwise blemishless face (LAUGHED OUT LOUD!).. so , i was taken to the eye-doc.. not that i resisted before, just that i was extremely busy, doin what?? well, warming my bottoms!!.. waitin for my turn to have a date with the doc, i fervently pray to the omnipresent.. that my vision should have deteriorated just enough to fetch me a pair of glasses.. i know, this is the weirdest thing a person could ask for, but you see, am weird to a fault ! i have this crush on half-rimmed glasses which my cousin has just bought ... u must have got the point? yes !.. but very unfortunately, the stars shining down werent shining on me ! "no power, just a little pressure, nothing to worry", declared the doctor unequivocally ... gawd... my wishes were dumped ROYALLY. :( he prescribed a couple of tablets and eye-drops, and yes, fermentation blah.. blah.. like a goodie-kiddo, i nodded ! and yes, he included, with a wry smile, "WELL, LAKSHMI, IF U FEEL COSMETICALLY UNCOMFORTABLE, I CAN TAKE IT OUT FOR YOU... " instantly fell in love with the cliche, but hated the idea. the thought of those sharp instruments coming even remotely close to my eyes gives me the shudders. the doc was however on cloud nine, the cliche he "invented" driving him there !
u know what happened?
the stye grew.. and grew ! when the doc's eyes first locked with my stye, the size of it was atleast one tenth of what it is NOW ! what the heck?! thats how everyone went.. i mean, it was inexplicable, kind of..
my theory..
since the size of my stye initially did not permit the doc to diagnoze properly, he jumped into what is known as "magnification diagnosis(!)" .. "If you are unable to diagnoze, make the issue bigger and then proceed with the thing !!!"

LOL ! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home