Sunday, January 01, 2006

Twist of Fate !?!

Hmmmm.. Yet another issue of "Electronics For You" . Well, as it is very obvious from its name, it's a totally techie kind of magazine with loads of information on what’s hip and happenin in the tech-arena..uhm... I presume, because I 've never cared to even breeze through it (save it neat for my buddies to devour it to their heart's content!) and I continue to gormandize on the good old Archies ! :-). No regrets at that. But it is this EFY magazine,(Though my eyes have sworn to my mind to never ever even catch a fleeting glimpse of "repulsive" things such as that, sometimes words arent kept, you see.. ), which reminds me of the fact that am pursuing or atleast "ostensibly" pursuing engineering ! Electronics and communication at that ! A quirk of fate ? Call it irony ? I mean, how incongruous can things get ?! how did I land up here when I never wanted to ? well, I was or rather chose to get victimised by the cliched "Mob Mentality!". Big,typical terms like "job security".. "greater scope" germinated in my mind. Well, got to admit, I was not thinking on my own. for myself. I was consciously influenced by "everyone"- from my close peers to the "the-poky-nosey-neighbours" (never short of words, whether or not they grasp the gravity of the issue is absolutely inconsequential !) to the kiddo brother who wants to know everything that's happening around ! But, I just couldnt help but allow the trajectory of "my" future shape according to the fancy of a host of "others".Had to go for it because I was confused as hell. That's how I landed up here to "earn" a BTech degree -(wow! ? man ... :() , after having dumped my passion of doing journalism into the ditches! After having come here, I've really tried hard to figure out if I could really start "seeing" (!!!) any core technical subject. Well, i seem to have an inkling of an inclination towards cryptography, BUT as I could so smartly (!) make out that it was more due to Dan Brown's Digital Fortress than the RSA encryption algorithms that i used to "hysterically breeze through" a couple of hours before the exam ! Well, the wait has been long. and I've declared myself incapable of striking an affair with "anything technical". As they say "Everything happens for good !". Period.

At present trying to invigorate my flow of thought, which has become quite rusty, thanks to engineering again ! Galvanization goin on. Period. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rehab said...

Lots of suggestions lakshmi:
1. Please make sure u change ur settings so the readers can read all the post in one go at one page. You can limit the number of posts also.
2. Great, remarkable, fresh and absolutely original style of writing!!! Hats of to you girl!
3. Incidentally all your posts are written on one single day ..which is GREAT for a first time blogger...though like the comet i nthe sky whch comes as a flash of light and a tapering tale. ...dont NOT STOP...keep going at this pace. and yes i DONT read EFY!! so u have company

1:40 PM  
Blogger Rehab said...

and yes one more thing..please allow non-bloggers to post too...u can skip the anon category ...but non bloggers also !!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home