Sunday, January 01, 2006

The Freakish Adventure that was !

Hey dudes.. this was written a sem back ! one hell of a comic, yet learnin experience, thought i should share it with ya. Names in the following write-up are NOT purely co-incidental ! (finally stuffed the banality of expression the film makers are madly in love with ! ) Because, as I said... (hold, did I say ? ) It's TRUE !


The "Freakish" Adventure that was!...


...The fourth Semester flew …Was it as fast as the blink of the eye?? Though it might sound way too exaggerating, it really was like that barring May 5th, the last day of Semester IV and also our C++ term end… All of a sudden, the clock which used to tic-tic so swiftly seemed drained of energy and did not seem to have the spirit to sustain. Could feel every second weighing upon me. It was kind of strange was just unable to get over mixed thoughts. And the anxiety to reach home was sky-rocketing, more so because remy was coming along to spend some time at home before her flight home.

To be damn frank, “the freak”, also known as Rehana Mithwani (!) is one of the most interesting and loveable persons one could ever meet in their lifetime. Can talk on anything under the sun and beyond, a real magnetic persona …. And with a bubbly aura surrounding her. An absolutely tremendous company to be with, she emanates happiness, its kith and kin!

On exploring “the FREAK FACTOR” in Remy, one gets to know as to how crazy (CRAZY? Yeah!) a person can peak to! She can drive you nuts …. Drive you crazily mad! Put in a nutshell, she’s one big KIDDO, with a great soul![KIDDO....;-)Remy, Don’t get livid at seeing this oki? Whatever am writing now is “DIL-SE-UNPLUGGED!, so it has to be uninhibited ….. gemme ? ;- ;- ] … I can go on and on like this endlessly … the slight glitch is that the ink might jus drain out before even before I come to the crux of the narrative and my dad has hidden all the other pens …especially “his” pens, thereby providing me no opportunity whatsoever to do what I revel in – FLICK !!!

Back to May 5th – After having scrurried through the oops paper, we meet up with a few buddies and exchange the clichéd “bye-cya-Happy hols!”.. then the bus and finally reach home (Not elaborating stuff out here as it might jus put you to sleep !....

Hana makes her debut visit ….

Initially, Hana stays uncharacteristically quiet, much to the surprise of my mom coz I had told my mom as to now cheery n extroverted she was … But then, she cracked the shell she was into, almost immediately ,and was her bubbly self.. After dinner, Hana , Arch (fondly called the egg) and I go to my gmom’s house (jus a couple of houses away from mine).. Boy! We had a discussion on a wide spectrum of topics – from Hyd to Lady Diana to Remy’s inimitable style of uttering Tamil words!...

THE AIRPORT

(Hey! Not an insight to the A.Haley’s novel)

After a 20 min drive, we reached the airport ….after exchanging huge bear hugs and bye-bye-ing, arch n i turn away from the airport – reach home and sleep off almost immediately, without even a minute’s waste!... And my mobile, which never is on silent mode during regular coll classes was “destined” to be silent that day ... At round 2. Trring …Trring..goes the phone which my dad picks up and hands over the phone to me.. It was Hana and she had missed her flight coz she had forgotten to reconfirm her ticket… sad, I couldn’t grasp what she said immediately … That was when I saw my mobile with 3 unread meassages ….God ! realized Hana’s intensity of panic only then …. I thought I’d keep messaging her and trying to give my best from home till around 4.30 in the morn when my dad was to pick her up from there…. was doin til 3... But the GOOFY that I’m , I sleep off, yet again, with a half typed message on the mobile... did take the precaution of not lying down … the clause “but still” is one of my favourites, I guess !! I wake up with a start at 4.30 to read the rest of her messages and learnt that Royce was gonna be there with her. She had collected herself quite beautifully and in the morn, she was in full spirits, sending winky messages and “the usual pulling –my-leg-msgs”! Also,she was sending me updates as to what she was upto…After having met up with Isha n guys in the central, She got her ticket for Monday from the AI office, hung around for a while in spencers’ and Royce dropped her home and started off to Pondy …Boy! The support that he extended was so timely, couldn’t have got a better occasion to help her … so very typical of a real, true friend … KUDOS to Royce... Finally … she was back home. Though it was really unfortunate to have missed the flight, very thought of Remy spending more time with us gave wings to whatever anxiety which was once looming around, not long back. At night, we had a grand time at Arch’s place, had dinner there, and Remy caught a glimpse of Vicky – the “Character” !!! (And btw, Vicky is the egg’s bro) the four of us play carrom… well...oopps!‘am afraid ! Arch , Hana and Vicky played and yeah! I was parterring Vicky and was striking – but my eyes fixed on Munnabhai MBBS! Despite me being his partner, Vicky WON pretty easily! Probably, inspired by my presence, I guess (Though, it’s obviously not so, I WISH SO !!! ;-) We return home at around 11.30, without any further jabbing, sleep, coz, we had to return to VIT (can see your eyes POPPIN OUT .. VIT ?? But why the dickens ?? – Well, to bring the rest of the stuff and the comp …) we team up with aunty (Keshav’s mom … Keshav ?? my cousing doin his I Yr. Mech, VIT, Kamya’s bro … Kamya ??? Keshav’s sis !!! …) Hey I can sense your burgeoning irritation … but please hold on yaar, it’s not even half complete !!

After a comfy journey in Qualis... after having pretended to raking our brains over cross words … after having got a min recharge (our balance dropped to zero coz of incessant msgin on roaming… little did we realize as to what was in store for us !!! ;- ) …Finally we saw the board reading – It got to zero as well!! ...

VIT – A place to learn … A chance to grow” … way too familiar, right ??

Next Frame : Me bribing Kamya not to blurt out a word to my mom about the state of Room 219 … (Yeah, my room only !!!) man! It was in one sad state! Kamya had her own doubts as to where I would sleep as my bed was so full of things – from novels to photocopies to biscuit packets !! ;- ;- - Being a person who looks at the brighter side of virtually everything (well, am I lyk that ??... no comments, i play it safe!), I christen my bed – A TREASRE TROVE Jr, my room being TT Sr!! We do the packing at a break –neck speed (dumping stuff doesn’t take time, does it ?? ;-) … And yeah, “Oye Bubbly” Abhi calls us up from home! Sweet of him?? Yeah but very unlike abhi (He He ! ;-) – Kiddin obv !) … Time flies …. Needed to board the Brindavan (scheduled time 5.45 p.m) … we hadn’t left VIT at 5.30 even ! to top it, I, so typical of me, leave my extra pair of shoes in the room, thus inflating the others ‘PISS – OFF” RATE! ... THANK OUR STARS- the train ran late by half an hr!
Reached Central –ah! Central it was-where we reached the brink of PAUPER-ISM! We shelled out 44 bucks (to be precise), denominations as big as 50p & 25p to collect Remy’s luggage from the clock roam! Saved ourselves from grave embarrassment though!.. Remy n I get down at my place while Arch & SK proceed home… The exhaustion which creeped due to the 2 hrs of standing amidst one well be crowd in the train jus vanishes without a trace – reason ; Remy n I planned to watch the entire F R I E N D S series … uparwaala dumped our plans into the bin! It jus want working – didn’t play on TV, nor on the comp coz the comp was in a screwed up state! So, jus spend time watchin MrBean and were pogo-ing and flipping the channels for a couple of hrs and off to sleep … The next day was a MAST Sunday. Religiously following Sunday’s rules of getting up late and being really lazy in the morn, we plan for a freak out in Pondy Bazaar .. Arch joins us and yeah? Remy turns Goofy – she was found frantically searching for a cap when she was on with her cap! ( a bit exaggerated, but it did happen! And Hanna! Jus cudn’t avoid skipping this!) stopped for around 3 hours, guess who did the bargaining? Remy! At some instances, even the shop-keepers laughed their hearts out at freakies accent and bargaining tactics! Man ! scorching heat … landed straight at Hot chips where Girish joined us. Had a sumptuous lunch and a more delectable dessert (Hehe, chocol8 fizz, it was called and am not elaborating more !) Then , we move to spencers and spend a couple of hours there … sadly though, half the time was spent in searching for each other and another one third was spent searching for landmark! A long day out … reach home by 7.30 … Arch’s parents come to pick her up, had a fab time chatting – all 3 of us- NON STOP!! After dinner, Remy Kamya and I played DOMINOES and then switched over to SCRABBLE – we went bonkers, including all sorts of abbreviations!.. majorly chatted for a couple of hours.. It was time to leave for the airport. We went really silent for some time. I felt really happy for Remy coz she was finnaly gonna get home… But I was going to miss her so badly … It felt kind of heavy and sad… But then, she was going HOME… promised to mail each other as often as we could ..

Returned home and started writing this immediately… Now it is 4.00 in the morning!

Well, its my version of the episode, everything from my perspective and straight from heart … Gota type this out – Gawd ! I can’t do that for nuts but still – guess I would manage to!

And Dudes ! If u have really reached to this point without ommitions even a single line… I ought to treat u guys big for the unparalleled tolerance! Hats off to u for taking it to a new level !!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home