Sunday, January 01, 2006

Adoloscent Writing ?!

I have always had the urge to write, though “talent” was reluctant to accompany my ardent desire. Passion was earnestly trying to make its meek presence felt,but the inspiration was just not there. The proverbial magic wand to spark creative illuminations, to sail through the wave of ideas… wasn’t with me. Still wanted to give it a shot.
I dabbled at poetry, craved to strike a chord with my readers.. to move a soul..to touch a heart. But sadly L , I wasn’t destined to be one. My honest attempts at poignant poetry evoked riotous laughter when read out. Was this the most unfavourable camouflage ever? Probably.
“POP” flashed an idea, bright and more importantly, sane and sound enough at that instant of time- “revolutionary writing” – (sounds big… right??) With growing tensions and the diverse travails and tribulations tormenting the world, I thought it would be ideal to make a point ,create ripples through the flow of ink..The wave of renaissance I dreamt to fashion stayed a dream. The spark died at a glaringly scorching pace than at which it evolved. Yet another crack. Yet another date with futility.
Was fiction my domain? There were the daunting Dan Browns with unthinkable plots.. then there were the J.K.Rowlings – enchantingly captivating young and old alike.. and many more, on whom I am still stuck on and holding them in awe .But, formulating plots, knitting a novel- was way over my head! My most upright endeavour turned out to be a woeful incarnation, though every slice of “my work”(!) was hackneyed from an assorted collection.. Apparently , the stark reality staring at me was that I didn’t seem to revel even in plagiarisation!
I was like one lunatic nomad, shuttling from one avenue to another, searching for my cup of tea.. I was shunned, eschewed- outrightly. Was in the deepest shrouds of frustration. But I wasn’t going to seek the shadow. To prevent the fuel from my gas pump (hypothetical obviously, I’m not a truck or its kin!!) from evaporating, I started practising the art of page filling (sounds a tad funny and silly too.., whatever!It does help..I bet..) Now, am hooked on to it! Am still in the fledgling years of writing..hoping fervently that this “page-filling-tactic” would pepper.. garnish the raw salad. Still awaiting the metamorphosis- the time when even I gauge my readers’ pulse and strike that proverbial, elusive chord. I can. I hope. I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home