Saturday, April 01, 2006

My Bus and Richard Branson !

Prologue:
Fervently hope the title of the blog is as sensational as the front-page news in every alternate newspaper, "The President in Jail" when the president "visits" the jail to distribute sweets on Independance Day !

“I missed my bus stop because of Richard Branson”, I said thus, when asked as to why I was late to my class. Obviously, it evoked a vociferous “WHAT?!” from my buddies. Then when I went on to explain that I had missed my stop because I was so engrossed in the book written by Richard Branson, they went like “DUU..H”, more vociferously though! At this juncture, I could not help but think about how our apna media unfailingly revels at ballooning up every damn thing around True, the media is a very powerful tool, and yes, it has been and is a blessing in a glut of avenues. But what is very off-putting is the infantile kind of stand it takes on a limitless number of instances. Ash’s little toe (did I forget to mention the qualifier, “fractured”?) and “The Puppy”, gifted by a certain Vivek Oberoi become instant celebrities. From the retired uncles to the sensex-savvy seem to discuss Anil Ambani’s purportedly private mails to the board of directors of the Reliance over a cup of coffee, like it’s some household issue sorted out? And yes, Masnisha did not name her non-existent pet, Mustafa ! Greg Chappel’s finger apparently seems to make more news than the issues of prime importance.. Delving unnecessarily deep into the trivialities and the likes of it.
Little does It realize that any issue, grave or trivial, if blown-up mindlessly out of proportion would be more than a death blow? A world marred by misinterpretations, misrepresentations, hypo/hyper-hyped issues and so on, the piece of news getting more and more lurid through the train of time, with novel, unbelievable extra fittings which beats the elasticity of creativity. But what is unbeatably crazy is that how the twenty channels manage to churn out twenty seven versions of the same issue, with the same protagonist, antagonists and the rest of the characters? The number of permutations, though, is one mind-boggling number !


Epilogue:
Praying for The Angel of Sanity to raise to the occasion and cast an incantation on the media, making it act with a lot more responsibility, authenticity, discretion and sense.


PS: This is an idea.. On more detail, soon..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home